November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday as I was walking around The Madhouse, also known as Walmart, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude, which was unusual for me while shopping with my three kids.

I was getting some groceries, but my main point in being there was to get C's prescription filled since he has strep. We had just gotten there from the doctor's, so he still wasn't feeling well. He was in the cart, Bean needed a nap so I was holding her, and D was doing what he often does, which is picking up everything in sight and showing it to me for approval/disapproval to buy it. Although it was a crazy trip, I was walking through the aisles of people and carts, and getting a lot of looks of surprise or concern over Bean's massive incision across her head. A couple people asked me what happened to her, and the rest had utter looks of shock on their faces. It hadn't even been a week since her surgery, and I was already able to take her to the store since she's doing so great! That's when it hit me how blessed I am.

Although this last week has been crazy with the surgery and sick kids, I still realize that my life is full of blessings. So full, that I feel undeserving at times.So, in no particular order, I am thankful for: my little family, our extended families, friends, my WARM house, plenty to eat all the time, a job that is proving to be secure even with the crazy times now, vehicles to get places and visit our families, health, the fact that I don't have to be afraid living where we live, our free country, the church, my testimony, good books, chocolate, prayer, time with my family, our beautiful world, and great examples all around me helping me to become a better person.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP